Monday, October 20, 2008

Storming the brain

Where have I been? I am way behind in the count...

Brainstorming is a great thing but I still think it should be focused and realistic. I'm not very realistic sometimes but some things should be. It's nice to come up with funny ideas that entertain the class and the moment but in a few years we won't be getting paid to waste company time thinking up a grand scheme to have a 'parade', again no offense b/c it was fun. Time is against us and we need to use it wisely. Coming up with ideas can be easier if you know a few vital things; TA, budget, platform, medium, etc. To think that you can reinvent the wheel or make a time machine is a little whack. Portraying a time machine in some manner, like a skit, would be plausible but making a functioning time machine is out of the question. We are 'new media' and not scientists.

2 comments:

ninjakitty said...

Hmm, maybe it's just me so humour me. I don't comment unless I have something I feel is well thought out to say.

Since I was in the group of people with the parade idea...I just wanted to point out one main thing. To me, the whole point of brainstorming was to open up every avenue to raise awareness of new media, and begin to edit things down. We were not told budget or restrictions per se, so I think the point was to get your ideas going. Go high, aim low or go expensive, cheap. In regards to that, every group also has to decide the pros and cons of it.

Honestly, I do not think anyone in our group was simply in the idea for a giggle from the class more than our own amusement and ideas. There was good flow of ideas, communication, and listening going on...isn't that also important to what brainstorming is about?

I'm sure you say you don't mean offense, so perhaps you will understand the reasoning of the method to some of our madness better?

j.nick said...

I tried to respond to this twice before but it didn't post...

I apologize. I was just in a weird mood that day. Out of my element. Even though I blogged some time after we had class my blog reflects how I felt at the moment and not how I feel now or when I was writing the blog.

I was just in a weird mood.