Thursday, October 2, 2008

I Can't Hear You

Funky Boss, Funky Boss, Funky Boss, Funky Boss, Funky Boss, Funky Boss Get Off My Back! I have not met many people that do not like music. In fact, I can't recall ever meeting someone that did not like music of some sort.
Hearing has to be one of the best senses we have. You could be dead asleep and be woke up by the sound of thunder. It's thunder that makes lightening scary and not the lightening itself. Movies. I have seen a couple decent silent films (no audio at all) but what makes a movie is the sound. Some Dolby Digital or THX and you're set.
As much as we enjoy being able to listen or hear, it is the sense we most often tune out, to some degree. There is a big difference between hearing and listening. I like to do my homework, or anything for that matter, with some kind of electronica, trance, techno, house or what have you in the background to drive me along. I find it works best because you can still feel the beat and not be distracted by lyrics that would come with most others types of music. It's a driving force.
I like to think that I hear everything, which I do. Blocking out the unwanted is key and goes hand in hand with whatever else there is to focus on. You can't focus on everything all the time.
Anyway...I wonder if thoughts are audible...more to come...

No comments: