Sunday, October 26, 2008

BurningMan

So...This past weekend I attended a Halloween party with my GF. It was much fun. These people put on the best Halloween show I have ever seen and they do it every year. Planning begins in spring and they work all summer to get it together. Much respect.
It was nice to get out of the city for a while too. I miss the country.

A little info about the photos: Canon powershot A630. Full manual settings (unless you see a flash) but the fstop sucks, 2.8-8.0. Use a tripod!

So there we are. Some Brit and some 80's chick.
Like I said, they do it up right. Here are a bunch of pics of the stuff they put together. A lot of detail and innovation.


"Punch"


There were a couple of bands. These guys were pretty good. Props to the drummer for playing in that mask.
And then there was this .
I really like the picture below. It puts things in perspective. That thing was huge, spitting out some of the biggest flames I 'd ever seen. It took a while for it to get going since it rained on Friday. Still impressive.

Oh, and Micheal Phelps was there. AND HE WAS SMOKING!
Needless to say this was my gallery. It was nice to see all the hard work they put into this. Watching the BurningMan was inspirational. It's too bad it didn't go as planned. The wood got wet. If not, when they lit the base it would have stayed lit and lit the fuse that went up the body and into the head. Under the face was a skull made of some ceramics. The idea was that the fuse would lead up to the fireworks in the head and ignite the face and leave a burning skull. It didn't work out like that but I would have to give an A for effort.

Then the cops came about 1am. I guess the music was too loud even though the closet house was a half mile away.? It pretty much killed the party even despite no one getting in trouble.

I got home a little after 2am. I have to admit that I was inspired. I was up until 6am working on some old tracks that needed revamped. It was a great night.

4 comments:

j.nick said...

for serious!?

Stephanie said...

lol, nice...I went to 2 haunted houses over the past 2 weeks. One was home-made by one of my friends, and the other was Necropolis downtown. They were both decent.

So, you'd wanna steal my brain huh? lol, that's odd considering men are usually regarded as the "thinkers".

Thanks for the compliment.

spyroterra said...

That is so awesome!!! I want to go to the big one in Nevada some day.

spyroterra said...

I miss your entries... Please post more. Your brain is an interesting place to walk around...