Monday, October 20, 2008

Hooray!

So, my dreams came back in the weirdest way(On a sidenote, my feelings came to surface too. I cried and it felt good. What if...). I woke up this morning, dreaming that I had missed this post (midterm). I walked into class 5 minutes before it started and Beth was just standing there glaring at me and said 'You know you are going to fail this class now right?'.

It was funny but I was rather freaked out. My dreams are so scarce but so so vivid.

Anyway...I love this class. If I choose, I can do something NewMedia-esque or I can do what I have been and just blog. Never blogged before but I kinda like it, to some degree. Class is usually good. Conversations, at times, stimulating. I really like these things. What I don't like is accountability. It seems (and no offense to anyone) that most people don't take this seriously. Some don't post blogs at all or what they do post is bs, and there is nothing wrong with that, the door was opened to do so. But I find myself becoming unmotivated too. It's nice that everyone succeeds and gets an 'A' but I think there should be difference in like an 'A' and a 'B'. I mean, if you aren't doing shit you shouldn't be rewarded like the person who is putting forth the honest effort. An 'A' shouldn't be guaranteed. Make us work for that, everyone else should get a 'B'. Again, no offense but it would create better results, more stimulating conversations and more/better blogs for others in class to read and respond to.

Couple more things. I like the blog b/c I can be a critic. Not to tell people they are wrong or right but just to be able to express a point a view (not so much what I believe but just a different perspective). It also allows 'shy' people who may not talk in class a chance to express who they are and how they feel.

No comments: